THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, August 3, 2009

Funny People review




Well went to a matinee of Funny People yesterday which most of you know is the lastest offering from (40 year old Virgin,Knocked Up director) Judd Apatow. It had its funny moments and unnecessary storylines as well,I thought the film was two movies in one in a sense. The first half of the film focused more on trying to be a comedy/slight drama, and the second half of the film (tried) to focused on disastrous drama. But I won't go into detail but the second half of the film was completely unnecessary in a way. I totally see what Judd was trying to do with the film and I whole-heartedly applauded him,but I think because of the editing and pacing issues of the film it fell short. But enough with bad let me talk about the good things I liked about the film.

Liked:
Adam Sandler-( he did a great job and did decent effort of trying to give his character real heart and soul)
Jonah Hill-(he was completely underutitlized in the film he was one of those comedic actors with natural talent)
Seth Rogen-( he surprised me the most and really held his own playing off Adam's character)
Poster's of all the comedians in Seth's(Ira's) apartment-(hey they were all just so cool and interesting
the young actress who played Seth's I guess love interest-(she was so hilarious, a friend informed me she was on Park's and Recreation, I can't believe I totally didn't recognize her...lol, awesome job from her)

Overall Film grade:Low B-,High C
Randy Watson III,et3

0 comments: