THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A REAL AMERICAN MOVIE



G.I. Joe : Rise of Cobra movie Review

Just went to see G. I . Joe : Rise of Cobra this past weekend and couldn't wait to give my review of it. Well going into this flick i had low expectations because of the terrible excuse for a movie trailer. The film not only went above and beyond expectations but kicked them in the proverbial nuts while screaming out....YO JOE!....lol.


The first thing I have to say I enjoyed was Snake Eyes (Ray Park) and Storm Shadow(Lee Byung-hun) , in my honest opinion these two characters were the heart and soul of the film,all the scenes involving these two kept your attention. Also, I have to give kudos to the two young actors who played the younger versions of Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes as children. These two young kids did an amazing job with there fight scenes they're names are: 10 year old Snake Eyes(Dominic Scott Key) and 10 year old Storm Shadow(Jack Scanlon).

The pacing,action, and drama were all on point for the film. The storyline involving Duke(Channing Tatum),The Baroness(Sienna Miller), and the Cobra Commander(Joseph Gorden Levit), although not my favorite thing, it gave the story some sort of origin. So as much as I didn't like it, I understand why Stuart and the other writers who contributed to the film's script went that route with the story. The films pacing is nonstop from beginning to end , unlike some other summer blockbusters that will remain nameless( cough....X-Men Origins:Wolverine,cough....Transformers:ROTF...lol).
The action , the thing I liked the most! At times yes it was a bit over-the-top, but ultimately it still worked for the film. I will just say you get everything from a O.T.T. car chase, foot chases ( in excelirator suits), firefight underwater and even a little homage to a Star Wars light saber fight. Pause for a moment...RAY PARK...YOU ARE THE MAN!....unpause...lol. These are just some of the great action scenes that you get to see in the film, so don't worry there's a lot more in there.
There were some great cameos in the film,three were from actors who have appeared in the Mummy films and that's all I will say. Also have to say the actors who played Heavy Duty(Adewale Akinnouye-Agbaje- OZ,Lost) and Breaker(Said Taghmaoui-Traitor), as well as Deastro/Mccullen(Christopher Eccleston) all did a phenomenal jobs playing there characters roles.
Overall surprisingly phenomenal 2009 film based on a 1980's action figures/comics/cartoon line. The best advice, go into the film with low expectations strike that, no expectations and like I said you will be throroughly surprised by what you see!....YO JOE!

OVERALL GRADE B-
Randy Watson III,et3

0 comments: